Saturday, May 03, 2008

Here Come The Shrines!







I love the miniature wood furniture they sell at Michaels Craft Store. The armoire-type cupboards and china cabinets can be made into adorable shrines. I have also ordered from some online sites some wooden shrines with roofs and display spot for religious paraphenalia. I haven't finished painting those up yet, but the neat thing is you can put any object(s) you want into these creations.

There are many good books out there about making shrines; my personal favorite is

"Crafting Personal Shrines" by Carol Owen














All of these objets d'art were painted with acrylics and decoupaged and stamped with medieval, religious, and fanciful imagery. They were "aged" and some were crackled to look very old. When I am finished the large ones, I will post them for you to see. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment